Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:41 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Well... this is it...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:04 am 
Somehow completely sideways in 4th

Well this is it. I've been accepted at the college of the rockies in Cranbrook and money is gonna be getting a little tight so i really wont have the time or money to put in to my car. My parents have offered to buy me a new car before i move but i have to get rid of the one i have before i get a new one. So the time has come i need to part with my car.

most people here have seen my car but for those that don't know, its an '87 Volvo 740 gold in color with a tan cloth interior. it has a 4 speed automatic transmission, sunroof, power windows, power locks heated seats and pleanty more.

in the last 2 and a half years that i have owned the car i have put in almost $7000 worth of work. ( I have recepts)

- It has two sets of rims and three sets of tires. The first set of tires are high performance summer tires on 17 inch Eikers. set two is a set of studded winter's on dracos and the third set is a set of 15 inch tires on steel rims one of which is bent (after hitting a pot hole)

- It has converted H4 headlights from sealed beam lights

- Shocks are only about a year and a half old

- Overload springs in the back that Matt (ugly duck) put on in the spring really tighten up the ride and handling on the car.

- IPD plug wires and Bosch platinum Spark Plugs

- new cat back exhaust done in October

- brakes (rotors and pads) were replaced just over a year ago.

- new distributor

- new idle control motor

- new tranny rear main seal

- Viper alarm system

- Pioneer head unit, Alpine speakers up front and JBL's in the back.

- Projector fog lamps

- had tie rods and an a alignment done as well

i've had pleanty done to the car the only thing it really needs is an air mass meter and possibly a windshield if it bugs you enough to get it replaced. Ive been driving with it cracked for 2 and a half years now and it doesn't really bug me. drivers heated seat works intermittently but passenger's works all the time.

Im asking $3000 for the car if you want to make me an offer go ahead and we'll see what happens. i do need to get rid of tis car soonish...

Post subject: Re: Well... this is it...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:19 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

you might want to consider selling the Eikers separately...

sorry to hear you're parting ways with volvo for now, but school is a good thing. what will you be taking?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:24 am 

No the Eikers will go with the car... if i dont sell the Eikers with the car i have no summer rims to sell with the car and I have a feeling i will have a harder time selling the car without the Eikers.

Im going to be taking Business Admin with a major in marketing and minor in psychology.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:46 pm 
First volvo in outer space

Hey Doug, sorry to here you are selling your car but going to school is always a good thing.

I would have to agree with Athal on selling the Eiker's separately. You are more than likely going to sell the car to a first time car buyer, someone looking for a second vehicle or a parent looking for a car for their kid. None of those buyers will pay $3K for an 87 Volvo no matter how nice it is, wheels like Eikers are completely lost on them. Conversely, if you sell the Eikers separately on kijiji, tbrix etc. you are more likely to find very interested buyers who already have cars and are not interested in an 87/NA/autotragic.

It's winter now so throw the studded Dracos on and the car is set for the current conditions (actually I suppose they already are?). Find a straight steellie to replace the bent one and there's the summers, let the buyer worry about getting the mags/steelies sorted out if they even care. Getting the car sold now is the goal, you can sell the Eikers anytime preferably in the spring when people are looking for some pimp summer rims and willing to pay more than now. I really believe you will make more and get it sold faster by splitting the 2 up, just my .02. :mrgreen:

66 122S (Garage Queen)
89 244 (Hers)
90 745Ti (Mine)
89 744 (SOLD/Bought back for other daughter)
78 242GT (Project... LOL)
91 244 (Don't Ask!!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:56 pm 

Jim!!! When I saw you posted in this thread I figured the car was as good as sold! You know 6 isn't enough when it comes to Volvos...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:50 pm 
First volvo in outer space

Ugly Duck wrote:
Jim!!! When I saw you posted in this thread I figured the car was as good as sold! You know 6 isn't enough when it comes to Volvos...

:lol:

66 122S (Garage Queen)
89 244 (Hers)
90 745Ti (Mine)
89 744 (SOLD/Bought back for other daughter)
78 242GT (Project... LOL)
91 244 (Don't Ask!!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

What do you want for them there wheels? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:45 pm 

RAZ to me those wheels are worth quite a bit. The tires on them have 70% tread on them so there fairly new and i spent about $1400 on tires not even two years ago. They are also the only set in Alberta and I've only driven the Eikers in the summer months and all but one have been refinished so if you do want them make me an offer but keep in mind i'm not going to let them go cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:37 am 
Whost Pore

$1400 worth of tires with %30 missing arent still worth $1400, Also the repair was still a repair, and will not increase the worth of these wheels, in fact it will likely decrease, who Is to say that it was well repaired?

not to burst your bubble or be rude, thats just the way it works.

If you want alot for the wheels, be prepared to wait, or just keep them?

87 245, +t 517k
83 242t Project

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:50 am 

i am well aware that the tires are not worth $1400 as they were when i got them but i am saying that im not going to let them go for cheap. they will go though, with or with out the car.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:26 am 

I believe that Alberta Wheel Repair did the job, and if they did do it, it was done correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:47 am 

I'm sure the wheels are fine...perhaps a ball park price would help out here Doug. Have a look at what people are getting for these wheels and set your price accordingly. Post it on CL and Kijiji right away and see what happens. I doubt there will be anyone interested on TB (cause it ain't free, doesn't have a flat black rattle can paint job, works, drives, and doesn't have a ratchet strap holding on the differential...but I digress).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:13 am 

ok well i have a newer car now. so im super motivated to sell. if you know anyone that is looking for a car send them my way. i will take offers!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:08 am 

Doug J wrote:
ok well i have a newer car now. so im super motivated to sell. if you know anyone that is looking for a car send them my way. i will take offers!!

And this newer car would be a _____________???

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:55 am 

Haha well I bought a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 with a 5 speed manual. its carbon blue, leather interior, sunroof basically "the works" plus it only has 102,000 k's and pretty much the only thing it needs right now is a stereo but i have a buddy who works at visions and he said he can get me a deal so i hope that pans out. I got it at Calgary Hyundai for a smokin deal. It was sold then serviced at Calgary Hyundai from day one, only one owner, it was a woman and while we were on the test drive we found a church pen in the glove compartment so were hoping that thats a good sign. Plus when it was traded in it had 2 new winter tires put on and the A/C was recharged.

So im thrilled to be getting this car and i pick it up Tuesday.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next